KnitMeter

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Newly Single and Adjusting = Lotsa knitting!

So I am newly single. Separated from my 10 year relationship with my kids father. It's a painful process and in going through this I have found that knitting is once again a mindsaver. I don't think I have put the needles down since I found out about the infidelity in September. I think it's a healthy way of dealing with it. I have a gazillion and one projects going right now, but it's keeping me busy and I like it. Currently, I'm working on 2 hats, a pair of toddler socks, a pair of longies, 2 pairs of fingerless mitts, another pair of socks, a baby sweater and going to start some small longies soon. It's a little crazy I must say, but I'm aiming to be done in a few weeks!

2 comments:

Kathleen J. said...

I don't have any great, thoughtful ideas about why it works but I know that knitting and crocheting have gotten me through some of the roughest times in my life.

I wish you well and hope as you get through this you will be doing lots of happy knitting too.

all style said...

your right knitting got me through a severe depression not so long ago. it is so soothing and therapeutic. and very usefull too!

keep going, don't stop for a moment. like riding a bike thats how you keep your balance. good luck, things will improve x x x